- Highlights the latest advancements in 3D printing and additive manufacturing technologies
- Focuses on additive manufacturing applications rather than on core 3D printing technologies
- Shows how 3D printing and additive manufacturing technologies are currently used
- Provides a valuable reference for veteran researchers and those entering the field
- Encourages innovation in future additive manufacturing applications
The field of additive manufacturing has seen explosive growth in recent years due largely in part to renewed interest from the manufacturing sector. Conceptually, additive manufacturing, or industrial 3D printing, is a way to build parts without using any part-specific tooling or dies from the computer-aided design (CAD) file of the part. Today, most engineered devices are 3D printed first to check their shape, size, and functionality before large-scale production. In addition, as the cost of 3D printers has come down significantly, and the printers' reliability and part quality have improved, schools and universities have been investing in 3D printers to experience, explore, and innovate with these fascinating additive manufacturing technologies.
Additive Manufacturing highlights the latest advancements in 3D printing and additive manufacturing technologies. Focusing on additive manufacturing applications rather than on core 3D printing technologies, this book:
- Introduces various additive manufacturing technologies based on their utilization in different classes of materials
- Discusses important application areas of additive manufacturing, including medicine, education, and the space industry
- Explores regulatory challenges associated with the emergence of additive manufacturing as a mature technological platform
By showing how 3D printing and additive manufacturing technologies are currently used, Additive Manufacturing not only provides a valuable reference for veteran researchers and those entering this exciting field, but also encourages innovation in future additive manufacturing applications.
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Published: September 08, 2015
- Pages: 389
- ISBN: 9781482223590