Dana to Buy Power-Transmission, Fluid Power Businesses of Brevini Group
Dana Inc. announced a definitive agreement to purchase the power-transmission and fluid power businesses of Brevini Group. Under terms of the agreement, Dana plans to initially purchase an 80% share in the Brevini businesses with an option to purchase the remaining 20% by 2020. The acquisition will immediately expand Dana's product portfolio and add technologies for tracked vehicles. Brevini technologies that will be purchased include a wide range of highly engineered mobile planetary hub drives; planetary gearboxes; hydraulic pumps, motors and valves; and advanced electronic control systems.
Brevini's expertise in cylindrical gearing and planetary hub gears will supplement Dana’s history and market position in spiral bevel and hypoid gear technologies. Founded in 1960, Italy’s Brevini Group employs approximately 2,300 people and has engineering and manufacturing operations in China, Germany and Italy, with a network of 30 sales subsidiaries and nine service centers around the world. The deal is expected to close in early 2017.