Biomass and Carbon Fuels in Metallurgy
Biomass and Carbon Fuels in Metallurgy presents contemporary and new insights into the use of carbonaceous (Biomass) fuels in the metallurgical sector. The authors describe application of these fuels in different technological processes to produce pig iron, steel and ferroalloys. Emphasis is placed on biomass and its metallurgical utilization. Coverage includes the specification of fuels, their classification and the characteristics of their basic properties. The use of carbonaceous fuels in the production of various kinds of agglomerates (ferriferous, manganese and metalized) is also covered.
- Provides a comprehensive view of carbonaceous fuels in various metallurgy processes
- Details experiments conducted on the use of traditional and alternative (biomass) carbonaceous fuels for the production of agglomerates.
- Demonstrates that the energy potential of biomass can also be successfully used in pyrometallurgical processes
- Describes applications of biomass-based fuels in different technological processes for the production of pig iron, steel and ferroalloys.
- Coverage includes the specification of fuels, their classification and the characteristics of their basic properties.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the field
2. Fossil fuels and renewable energy sources
3. The role of fuels in metallurgy
4. CO2 emissions and metallurgical technologies
5. Distribution of fuels and their reserves
6. Carbonaceous fuels, their properties and testing
7. Use of traditional fuels in the production of agglomerates
8. Use of conventional carbonaceous fuels in the pig iron production
9. Use of traditional carbonaceous fuels in the production of steel and ferroalloys
10. Traditional carbon fuels and the environment
11. Alternative fuels
12. Utilization of biomass in the production of Fe agglomerates
13. Use of alternative fuels in the production of pig iron
14. Use of alternative fuels in the production of steel and ferroalloys
15. Alternative fuels and environment
16. Alternative fuels of the future
List of figures
List of tables