Forged Components Inc. Acquires Forge USA Assets
In a recently announced deal that occurred last year, Forged Components Inc. (FCI) of Humble, Texas, acquired hammer-forge and heat-treatment facilities from Houston-based Forge USA. This added eight additional heat-treatment furnaces to FCI's existing furnaces located at its Humble and Navasota, Texas, forging locations. The acquisition, which also included a 16,000-pound polymer quench tank and 30,000-pound water quench tank, has added 300,000 pounds of heat-treating capacity to FCI’s Humble and Navasota sites.
As a result of this deal, FCI now operates from over 200,000 square feet of manufacturing space. This includes:
- Corporate office and main manufacturing and storage facility in Humble
- Heavy forge and machining facility in Navasota
- Small forging and manual machining facility in Porter, Texas
- CNC machining facility in Houston
- New hammer-forge and heat-treatment facility in Houston
The forging and machining facilities are equipped with 350-ton, 1,750-ton, 2,000-ton and 3,000-ton open-die hydraulic forge presses; a 14,000-pound Chambersburg open-die hammer; a 300-ton ring roll; and a wide range of machine tools. FCI is capable of producing open-die and semi-closed die forged shapes weighing from 5 to 50,000 pounds.